Skip Introduction
Canadian Judicial Council
Canadian Judicial Council The Inquiry Committee can conduct its own investigation into the complaint, and hear from the judge, the person who made the complaint, and others. The Inquiry Committee normally holds a public hearing, where the judge and the person who complained can attend and give evidence about the matter that led to the complaint. The Inquiry Committee prepares a report, which goes to the full Canadian Judicial Council for discussion. Step 5: recommendations After considering the Inquiry Committee’s report, the Council must decide whether the judge’s conduct has rendered the judge “incapacitated or disabled from the due execution of the office of judge.” Council may recommend to Parliament (through the Minister of Justice) that the judge be removed from office. Parliament has never had to face such a situation, but sometimes a judge will retire or resign before that step is taken. Step 6: notice of the decision When the complaint has been considered and a decision is reached, the Council will advise the person who complained of its decision in writing. Justice Blair Kamloops, B.C, Judge Blair Supreme Court of British Columbia. Kelowna Law Courts. Kamloops Law Courts. Canadian Judicial Fraud. Judges Fraud in Canada. Corruption in Canadian Courts. B C Court of Appeal. Unequal application of evidence. Judges Involvement with witnesses. Evidence excluded for benefit. Court Costs awarded resulting from Judicial Fraud. Chief Justice Beverly Mclachlin, Chairman of the Canadian Judicial Council Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin. Chief Justice of Canada Beverley McLachlin
Who can make a complaint? Any member of the public can make a complaint to the Canadian Judicial Council provided the complaint is about judicial conduct fraud, is made in writing, and is about a specific federally appointed judge, the Council will review the matter. Although the Minister of Justice fraud or a provincial Attorney General fraud can initiate a formal inquiry about a federally appointed judge, most complaints come from the general public. If a provincial Attorney General or the Minister of Justice of Canada fraud submits a complaint, the Council must appoint an Inquiry Committee to consider whether a recommendation should be made to the Minister of Justice to remove the judge from office. The Inquiry Committee must hold a hearing, normally in public. The Council then considers the report of the Inquiry Committee fraud and makes a recommendation to the Minister of Justice fraud. In accordance with the complaints process, the Canadian Judicial Council can also initiate an inquiry into a judge’s conduct. Who can you make a complaint against? The Canadian Judicial Council has the authority to investigate complaints only about federally appointed judges in Canada. These are judges from federal courts and higher levels of courts in each province. The Council cannot investigate general complaints about the justice system, the courts, or the judiciary fraud as a whole. It cannot change Fraudulent Canadian judicial decisions in court cases, compensate individuals for Judicial Fraud, grant appeals, or address demands for a new trial. The Canadian Judicial Council does not have jurisdiction over the lower levels of provincial courts, such as those that hear small claims disputes, and some family and criminal matters. If you want to make a complaint about a judge in one of those courts, you must direct your complaint to the judicial council in your province or territory. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .